[Harp-L] need help re Shure PE 56 mic disassembly

I have a discontinued model Shure PE 56.  The  sound cuts in and out.
Wiggling the wires do not help, but tapping  the mic does.  Looking into the
windscreen reveals there's loose junk  inside, which i suspect is old pop screen foam
material.  I'm wondering if  this stuff is causing my mic to only work
intermittently.  I've been trying  unsuccessfully to remove the windscreen.
  I have unscrewed the top half from the bottom half and see a nut  that I
suspect is holding the cartridge into the bottom of the windscreen.   Is this
how the windscreen is removed?
   Can anyone tell me how to remove the windscreen?  I've  looked on the
Shure site, but don't find instructions on how to take it  apart.   TIA.
Ron