[Harp-L] A cosy chrom is a happy chrom

I found a supermarket selling these very cheap gel-filled handwarmers (£3 for two). You bend a liitle metal disc inside the plastic pouch and the gel solidifies, giving off warmth. Each warmer comes in its own little fleece pouch. I wrapped my two chromatics in a soft cloth with one of the handwarmers and last night it turned out to be the perfect solution to keeping 'em warm and instantly playable with no valve hassles. Because the handwarmer and harps were wrapped, the effect easily lasted the whole three hours of my gig. I only use chroms occasionally through the evening and this was a lot more convenient than keeping the harp under the armpit or down the front of the trousers. You simply recharge the pack by boiling it in a pan of water for 10 minutes, and they claim to be reusable 1000 times over. It is a perfect gentle warmth, not a searing heat. I found 'em in Somerfield supermarket if you're in the UK, under the brand-name Tchibo.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

The new Windows Live Toolbar helps you guard against viruses http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb