RE: [Harp-L] whole lotta love

Whoops, typo there, I'm well aware it was Robert Plant playing harp on
those Zeppelin tunes...

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bill Hines
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 9:03 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] whole lotta love

"Whole lotta love Was not a led zeppplrn song..."

Hey TomE - not to mention lots of other zeppelin songs! How about more
blatant examples like "Killing Floor"? All the Brit bands were doing it
back then, they were just young kid teenage blues enthusiasts caught up
in the touring that our heros were doing over there and digging the
music. I'm sure they were just at one point bar bands doing their own
electrified lit-up versions of these songs and that's just one of the
ways that the blues had a baby and called it rock and roll.

But when they graduated to super-stardom and started making mega-bucks
off these tunes, well that became a much different matter. I do believe
that I read at one point Zeppelin made some restitution? Does anyone
know if these folks that had no problem paying homage to the people
whose music they used and inspired them ever made restitution for using
the songs? For example Clapton and others? I think there were some
lawsuits involved way back, was it Howlin' Wolf's family that brought
suit over some of this?

Harp content: Page could play some simple but pretty nice sounding harp
in some of those zeppelin songs!

Bill Hines