[Harp-L] Re: Portable digital recorders

Hey Fred,

  I was just listening to last night's rehearsal on my Zoom H4 when I read your email. Can't comment on the compare thing, but I'm in love with this little gadget. The onboard mics work really well by the way.  It is really easy to use and the stuff sounds great.  Seems as rugged as any other gadget these days but dropping it on a hard floor could be an issue.

  Took a few seconds to set up and with a quick push of a couple buttons I recorded our rehearsal last night as a series of mp3's. Actually last night because of the way were arranged I set up two SM 57's. This let me set up the mics in good spots to pick up the band but keep the recorder near me while I played. It has an auto leveling feature for the gain that kept everything dialed in just right. Played em back on the spot for people to listen to, then this morning I picked out the the choice ones for new songs we're working on. Hooked it up to my pc, clicked and dragged them to my hard drive, then emailed them to the band so folks can keep working on them. This thing is so simple and works great as a recorder. Like I said I'm in love with it.

  Bill H
  www.blackbonecollective.com

  Fred s wrote:
"I could do the archive thing, print out the posts, and then get the
specs
side-by-side to compare, but figured it was worth a post to see if
there was
something I was missing in the H4 vs. Micro BR debate as of today.
Maybe
someone has both and could comment?  Or has one and could add a
comment?"

Sponsored Link

Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for?