[Harp-L] the oldest discussion on the planet

no, not tone... not wooden combs versus krytonite combs...

No, I am in need of some encouragement. Currently I am having to deal
with the age old issue of being drowned out during a performance.
Quitting the band, or changing the level of volume produced by the
band is not an option - as the front man is one that would make the
argument, if it's too loud then get lost. He won't change. I've asked.
We're all dealing with it, even the drummer, and he won't budge - it's
his show.

At the expense of being flamed for going deaf, or not wanting to
"walk" from a band that is too loud, I am going to simply ask if there
are any tried and true recipes for a decent "loud" rig that will cut
over the band. I can use the vocal mic effectively, but the front man
loves the tone through my "wlater style" rigs, and prefers I try those
over my "acoustic" tone in a vocal mic.

We mainly hit the medium sized clubs, and invariably, I have to deal
with a soundman that either thinks he knows what he's doing, or simply
doesn't provide ample delivery to the harmonica in the mix. I have
tried several amps in the range of 5 to 50 watts. I have had some
success here and there, but I am asking for the gig vets out there
(who are sidemen, basically) to weigh in. What works everytime?

Is the new Bassamn LTD a good candidate? Or should I look to mod any
of my "practice" amps with a line out?