Re: [Harp-L] help with trance blues harmonica

anyone  out there play harp to trance blues (rl burnside, robt.
balfour, jr.  kimbrough)? and could point me to some good trance blues harp
tracks to  listen to?  My band is starting to play this  style

Terry "Harmonica" Bean: http://cdbaby.com/cd/terrybean3

He plays guitar in that style and accompanies himself on harp. There is not a lot of harp playing on the sample tracks there, but if you see him live he is the best at this style.

In case noone has asked - can someone give me a definition of this  genre ,
"trance blues"?   tia.

It's a northern Mississippi hill country style. I've never heard it called "trance blues", but the rythymic nature and repetitive chords are trance-like.

Tom