Re: RE: [Harp-L] RE: help with trance blues harmonica

"Agustin & Kathy Olmos" <aolmos@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I forgot to mention Jason Ricci.  He actually played with RL Burnside.  I'm
> not aware of any records with RL,

i don't believe there are any.

>  but if you can find it, check out Down at
> the Juke, he has a couple of trance blues songs in there,

i'm curious.  which ones?

> plus he re-recorded one of them - Snowflakes & Horses - in his last CD,
> Blood on the Road.

i had not heard the term "trance blues" before this thread.
there's a pretty good (i guess) description of it at:
http://www.popmatters.com/music/reviews/t/treanordan-african.shtml
at least it matches pretty well what i hear from RLB.

and while it may or may not be trance blues, jason does this long rap in
the middle of "feel good funk" on the 12/1/2005 show at terra blues that
really captures the feel of those Hill Country gigs.  have a listen to the
track called "Junior Kimbrough Story" at:
http://www.archive.org/details/jrnb2005-12-01.flac16
to see what i mean.

you might also check out "from the soul", from 3/10/2006:
http://www.archive.org/details/jrnb2006-03-10.flac16

and "goin' down south", from 3/14/2006:
http://www.archive.org/details/jrnb2006-03-14.flac16

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.