Re: [Harp-L] new firebreath

The advice from Suzuki is not to emboss as the tolerances are already
so tight that the reed may bind to the slot. Evidently per your
experience, *light* embossing may nt be a problem.

Leakage could cause the poor response you note. But I'd look to poor
comb/reedplate seal, or possibly reed profiling rather than slot
tolerances.

You may want to share what's going on with Suzuki. My impression is
that they are *very* interested in user feedback and in producing the
best possible product. Their customer service rep is Os Leguizamo and
he can be reached by email at

oleguizamo -AT- suzukicorp.com (replace " -AT- " with @)

Winslow