Re: [Harp-L] new firebreath

"Nick Kirkes" wrote:
<I received a Suziki Firebreath yesterday, D, to try it out.  I noticed
<the first three holes, blow and draw, but especially hole 3, just
<don't have the volume or tone I'm used to from other harps (Golden
<Melody, Pro Harps; post my own basic gapping/embossing).

This is the third report to this list, including mine, that said the draw 3 reed on a Firebreath sounded weak.  It's starting to look like a trend.

I now own 6 Firebreaths, and they have a superior sound, to the point that you can really hear the difference even on tracks recorded with an amp.  But I have made a point of gapping and embossing all of them, and I paid a lot of attention to the draw 3 reed on every one of them.

Thanks, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com