Re: [Harp-L] Reed screws -where to get them?

David Garcia wrote:
> My last batch of screws and nuts to attach reeds that I
> got from Farrell is starting to run out, and now that
> they're out of business I was wondering where to get them...
> I'm not in a rush yet, but I'm starting to worry. Any idea
> out there?

I don't know precisely what sized screws Farrell was shipping, but
you can order very small screws in just about any configuration from
Small Parts (http://www.smallparts.com/).  Prices for quantities are
very good, and they have a huge number of variations -- almost too
many.  For example, the stainless steel binding head screws in size
#0-80 can be had in quantity 25 for less than $.10/each.  You'll pay
more for the shipping.

I'd suggest requesting (or downloading) their catalog and looking
for them that way.  I buy quite a few stainless steel screws from
them at great prices.  They're a good place to call on the phone and
talk to them about what you want, rather than searching for it
online and ordering it blind.  Good old fashion "bricks and mortar"
business, with real people on the other end of the phone.

While you're looking through the catalog check out their other
stuff, including drills and taps, miniature tools, and cool stuff
like brass rod (I buy 1/8" and make my own pick tools), shim stock
(a sheet of 0.002" thinck, 6x18" is <$5), brass blocks, miniature
tubing for chrom slide bumpers, and lots of other stuff.  Too much
fun for a guy like me.

-tim