[Harp-L] harp lesson craiglist scam

What they do, so I am told, is get a price from you then send you a false cashier's check for more money than you state.  They ask you to cash it and then give them the change in cash.  They count on banks not really checking on the cashiers check and cashing it.  After you have handed them the "change" they disappear.  Ultimately the bank realizes their mistake and comes to you to pay them back.

  I have received many of the same type of emails when I advertise on craigs list.  I email them a rate and say "cash only" and never hear from them again.
  Michael Rubin
  michaelrubinharmonica.com