Subject: [Harp-L] Re:First Solo

Cathy writes:

"Well....I finally did it.  Saturday, Nov. 11th would have been  my dad's 80th
birthday.  I wanted to play a tribute to him.   I was invited to play an open
mic night at a local coffee cafe.  I  almost didn't do it because I am a
chicken, but I really wanted to play  a tribute.  I did fine, everyone
enjoyed it, I didn't make a fool  out of myself and they asked me
back........so, I would say mission  accomplished!  Thanks to all you
harp-l'ers who keep encouraging  me with your insight and experience.  I've
learned so much from  all of you.  Thanks again!"

...Way to go, Cathy!     And you're decidedly NOT  a chicken...since you
managed to play locally in front of an  audience..something I haven't yet managed
to do (Open Mic at SPAH doesn't  really count towards playing "out")....but
I'm working on it :)

That's wonderful to hear.  You've given me hope.

Elizabeth