Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Gindick's Got a Hetrick Harp Case on Youtube

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nonidesign@... wrote:

Does the lid come off for ease of use on stage?

-------------- Original message from "Matt Smart"
<matthewsmart@...>: --------------

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g8lysYlKqw
>
> Matthew Smart
> www.harpcase.com
> www.atlantaharmonicalessons.com

I have been happy with Cadillac Pete's harp stand/case.  Great
feature -- it can be attached easily to a spare microphone stand. I
didn't get the fancy ash (got plastic) or the hard case.  The harps
can come free of the holder when in transport in the soft case even
using the strip of elastic that it comes with -- easily fixed however
by covering the harps with a piece of cardboard (or most anything)
before attaching the elastic.  It is sold at harphouse; I think I got
mine direct from Pete.  (His microphone holder for attaching your amp
mike to your vocal stand also works well -- it is shaped to hold
various shaped microphones -- bullets, sticks, EV638.)  No
affiliation.  I'm sure the ash is classier looking than the plastic,
but functionality is probably the same.

Funny story about using the stand (not the stands fault!).  A gal who
had been dringing came up (no raised stage) and was hanging close by -
- she picked a harp from the stand and started blowing, put it back,
grabbed it again at her boyfrens's encouragement so he could take a
picture!  She puts it back, and then she asks me why I have so many
harmonicas -- I told her in case somebody spits in one, I can use
another! (I think it went right over her head.)  So now I keep the
stand a bit away from the crowd.
--John K.