[Harp-L] Improvising, starter tunes

I've been taking piano lessons for 6 months now and my teacher is interested in learning to improvise. She is in her 70's I guess and has played piano and organ all her life. 12 years of classical piano lessons and 13 years of "pop" organ and a bachelor of music. Anyways give her any sheet music and she can look at it for one minute and then just play it slowly note for note and mostly in time. Anyways she is interested in learning to improvise and although I have some ideas how to ween her off sheets, I am wondering if anyone has any concrete example of where she could start. Basically I just want to give her a few starter assignments, time will do the rest if she remains interested.

I'm thinking of jazz standards to begin with as she grew up with jazz and knows most of these tunes. I don't expect her to sound jazzy at first, but for her to just sound musical and to have fun.

Anyways I guess what I am looking for is a few starter tunes. My intention is for her to play the tune with both hands until she is comfortable with it and for her to just let go of the melody and just fool around with the tonic of each chord and work up to playing scales and arpeggios associated with the left hand chord.

So any ideas for good starter tunes?