Re: [Harp-L] cannibalize a reed

Paul Cantin wrote:
> Just blew out the 5 draw on a G Special 20. Can I cannibalize
> a reed from another Special 20 to replace that blown reed?
> If so from which Key and which hole.

Got another handmade G with a good 5 draw?  ;-)

I highly recommend you download a copy of Pat Missin's "Altered
States" (http://www.patmissin.com/as23.zip) and check in the
file "slots.txt" to see what the dimensions are of a long-slot
handmade 5 draw.  Then you can see what other holes on what other
harps are the same dimensions to find a reed that's the right size.
Then it's just a matter of tuning to the right note (C) with the
proper intonation (-12 cents for a 5 draw on a handmade).

-tim