Re: [Harp-L] harp fonts

...as you can see, the font didn't survive email transmission, but
hopefully, you'll get the idea anyhow.
RD

>>> "Rick Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> 20/11/2006 12:47:56

Mark,
          I just use Wingdings 3, which is standard Font on Microsoft
Windows, I think (I'm using Windows XP). Once you have selected Fonts
and scrolled down to Wingdings 3, you'll find your computer keyboard
will write all these crazy little symbols for you.
         The letter "  i  "will give you a down arrow i," h " an up
arrow h, the "comma/< key" will give you ,
which can be used for a draw with a semi-tone bend
and the  hyphen-dash key gives you the reverse: -   (sort of!)
the question mark-forward slash key gives you one of these, which I
use
to mean a blow bent a whole tone: /
the zero-end bracket key gives you the reverse: 0

I'm sure there are better thing available, but this is on my computer
and works ok for me. You can alweays just use the up/down arrows and
add
the bend slashes by hand.
I've seen the arrow with the dash at it's tip used for overblows in
Richard Hunter's book, Jazz Harp.
Don't know if the examples of Wingdings font symbols I've used here
will survive transmission.
Good luck,
RD

>>> "Mark Panfil" <markpanfil@xxxxxxxxxxx> 20/11/2006 11:38:30 >>>
Does anyone know of a font that lets you write up-arrows and
down-arrows?

I have been using

4 for blow four hole and (4) for draw four hole but I notice most
others use
the arrow system.

Mark

www.MarkPanfil.com