[Harp-L] Adjusting reed action on a diatonic

In a message dated 11/22/2006 11:52:15 A.M. Eastern Standard  Time, James
writes:

I need  assistance: I was told by Howard Levy and one of his students (Jason
Rosenblatt) that you can adjust the reeds (they were both talking about the
Golden Melody)

  James, not only GM's but any harp can be improved thru  gapping.  The two
links which were sent by Gary Hodgson are great -
http://www.harmonicasessions.com/apr04/h-workbench.html
and
_http://overblow.com/?menuid=135_ (http://overblow.com/?menuid=135)  .  Then
there is the customizing and repair CD-ROM / DVD that can be purchased thru
Rupert Oysler - harprepair.com .  Very helpful.
   Here are some URL's that are in my harp favs.  I suggest  u bookmark them
to peruse at your leisure:
_http://myquill.cc//_ (http://myquill.cc//)
_http://www.tenhole.com/_ (http://www.tenhole.com/)
_http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/ampdmyrig.html_