Re: [Harp-L] If the song is in B minor can I play an E harp in 2nd position?

 That's what makes the world go around. We're all different! I'm glad you got it from "poof"....I guess maybe I'm just a slow learner. Lenny M

fjm <mktspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Lenny M wrote:
> The natural minor harp is a horse of a different color and is weird to play at first.
> it will blow your mind 'cause if you're accustomed to a major diatonic your ear will
> freak out at first til you find your way around the layout.

This is not my experience. For me it was more like poof I'm playing a
minor. It made complete and total sense. The tuning that threw me for
a loop until I figured it out is Melody Maker. With natural and
harmonic minor tunings the relationships are the same as they are in
German major tuning. With the Melody Maker tuning they aren't. fjm