[Harp-L] One chord songs

 Some tunes I play or played often that are (or the solo's) on the one
chord.

1.) Mississippi Mood (J.R.)

2.) Going Down South (R.L. Burnside)

3.) From The Soul (Eric Deaton)

4.) Hip Shake (Slim Harpo)

5.) Boogie Chillun' (Hooker)

6.) Wake County Stomp (J.R. And Madaris)

7.) Reverse Technology (J.R. And various versions of New Blood)

8.) Feel Good Funk (J.R.)

9.) Dodecahedron (Shawn Starsky)

10.) (The solo on) The Worlds Just Wrong (J.R.)

11.) Cant Close Our Eyes (J.R)

12.) Snow Flakes and Horses (J.R.)

13.) All Night Long (Jnr. Kimbrough)

14.) Jumper on the Line (Burnside)

15.) Listen Here (Eddie Harris)

16.) Funky Thing (Satan and Adam)

17.) Nobody But You (Kimbrough)

18.) Mellow Down Easy (My version, ((no chord changes)) of the Willie Dixon)

19.) I'm a Man (Muddy Waters)

 That's a few, I know I'm forgetting some....I Just make up phrases and
choose notes that answer to themselves rather than the chords some nights
are better than others. Rhythm, dynamics, tension, release, melody,
crescendo, decrescendo, stacatto legato are the tools as with chord changes
but maybe more so here to substitute for the loss of harmonic options
although a guitar or piano can play a lot of
minor/major/substituted/differently voiced chords etc that are all based on
the one tonic that can also provide options for harmonic exploration without
an actual change.....