RE: [Harp-L] Little Walter Video On Youtube!

Bob B wrote:Just saw the Hound Dog Taylor & Little Walter - Wild about you baby video on youtube. I think it was Tom Ball who indicated there were only 2 or 3 known videos of Little Walter known to exist? Well, there's at least one now out on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TZ7omxqzag<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TZ7omxqzag>

Simply amazing... Would be nice if there were more vids of his playing. He was great even as the sideman!
Jam On!
True enough -- there is precious little of Little Walter on video. The only clips that seem to have survived are from the American Folk Blues Festival TV appearance -- the sideman stuff with both Hound Dog Taylor and Koko Taylor.

By the way, here's the Koko/LW stuff, also on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GG2v8LBcBU&mode=related&search=

There are other clips out there somewhere. We know that he appeared on the British TV show "Ready, Steady , Go" on Sept 25, 1964 and lip-synched "My Babe," but the footage has never surfaced. In addition he is supposed to have played (or lip-synched) "My Babe" and "Juke" on the UK TV show "Beat Room" in Oct of '64, but again, the footage hasn't surfaced.

In any event, it's nice to see a bit of him here, even though he really doesn't have the chance to step out.

cheers to all and Happy Thanksgiving,
Tom Ball