From: "Planet Harmonica" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Dave Murray" <dmurray777@xxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] The best Stevie - overated perhaps

Dave,

I agree wholeheartedly.

Different types of music move you for different reasons though, and because
Stevie is right there in the middle of a no-mans's land in terms of genres,
being a pop icon who was also a celebrated sideman to some of the greatest
jazz players, I can understand why some people enjoy him as a virtuoso and
others as a pop icon. I must admit to not being very partial to his pop
side, but I recognise his talents nonetheless.

I've given this "what music does to me" question a lot of thought lately,
and you may be interested in checking out a discussion I tried to get
started (with little success so far) on my blog. I called it 'the body
analogy' and you can find it here :
http://harmonica.typepad.com/harmonica_ramblings/2006/11/body_analogy.html.

I'd love to have your opinion (and that of other harp-lers) on it.

Ben FELTEN
http://harmonica.typepad.com