Re: [Harp-L] re: best harp/answer

On Nov 26, 2006, at 3:08 PM, Vern Smith wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe and Cass Leone" <leone@xxxxxxxx>
No one should have to add IMO to anything on this list. IMO is assumed. Even if someone is quoting someone else. that 'other' person should be assumed as IMO also. Even if you have proof, it's STILL IMO. Why? Because things that had heretofore been accepted as fact have been proven wrong later. Sooo, the safest thing is: EVERYTHING is IMO.

Merely IMO...... :) ....... lol ......smokey-joe

By making everything an opinion, you try to make objective reality irrelevant and every statement equally valid.
Vern

I suppose I have just been nailed by the NESP (Nomenclature Elocution Semantics Police) as well as the HGW1984TP (H.G. Wells 1984 Thought Police). Note: I ended my post WITH.... IMO

So the question is: if I say that there's just no talking to some people, is that an opinion or a fact?

smo-joe