Re: [Harp-L] any signal processing gurus out there?

Garry Hodgson wrote:
<i'm willing to accept that current amp modellers fall short in some way;
<at least everyone seems to think so.

I don't think so. I think they sound pretty damn good.  Whenever I play out with mine,
the other musicians comment on how nice it sounds.  I've used my RP on bigtime recording
sessions with demanding producers, and they all seem to think it sounds fine too.  And I think
it sounds fine, which is what matters most, because I'm the guy that's got to get inspired when
it's time to play.

Maybe--that's maybe--your amp modeler doesn't sound exactly like your favorite tube amp.
Maybe it does.  But what's the problem either way?  I don't need another device that sounds
exactly like a device I already own.  Anyway, no two tube amps sound exactly alike, either,
so what's the difference?

I would be very, very surprised if anyone could listen to some of my recent tracks and know
that the sound was produced by an amp modeler.  And my device is now 5 years old.  The newer
models do more--I don't know if they sound "better", but they do more.

I see a lot of harp players using amp modelers now.  I expect to see more.

Thanks, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com