Re: Re: [Harp-L] any signal processing gurus out there?

Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Garry Hodgson wrote:
> <i'm willing to accept that current amp modellers fall short in some way;
> <at least everyone seems to think so.
>
> I don't think so. I think they sound pretty damn good.

well, i agree with you, from what i've heard, though i've not done careful study.
i was willing to stipulate that to forestall a religious discussion, in favor of a
technical one.

but let me change the direction just slightly.  you've commented that the
reverb (or was it delay?) on the digitech is not very good (or at least not studio
quality), and recommended using an outboard reverb.  so the same questions apply.
in what ways does it fall short, and why?  reverb would seem to be a simpler thing to
get right than modeling the response of a particular tube amp.

> I see a lot of harp players using amp modelers now.  I expect to see more.

indeed, i use an rp300, based largely on your recommendation and example.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.