[Harp-L] "overs" / "valve bends"

Rupert Oysler (appertaining to another subject) wrote;
>or at least (cheaper) take one or both covers off a practice harp and stop
the draw reed and practice to get the feel for embouchure/pressure/bending
up/etc. That will help a lot to then get it on a well adjusted harp.<

Another technique for developing "overs" / "valve bends" is to tape the
closing reed hole.
And yes it is good to know both techniques, for example, I have recently
been working on a reportoire that requires a lot of middle
hole overblows & a rather excesive amount of 3" (low A on a C harp) the best
solution was to Paddy.
Occasionaly I would need the low Ab - two choices - 2 hole overblow (still a
lot of woodsheding to be done on the 1&2 ) or 3 hole  1/2 valve?
Same problem with the C# overdraw.
Has anyone in the room experimented with mixing these techniques?
Conclusions?
Thanks in advance,
Mox
www.harmopoint.com

N'imprimez pas ce message si ce n'est pas indispensable