Re: [Harp-L] Reedplate Screws (was Why are there no washers on a harp?)

Don -

The 1-72 is a fit that won't strip the original thread on a Lee Oskar
reedplate, found by experimenting. I haven't done a detailed analysis
on the thread characteristics (it can be done, but the detailed
information required takes some persistence to dig up).

I never have found a match for the Special 20 screw.

The MS screw is a close match for the American 0-80. I include 0-80
screws in the assembly kit with the MS Discrete Comb, as longer screws
are needed due to the extra thickness of the MS comb. Again, you can
re-use the MS screws after using the 0-80, without stripping the
original thread. This was important to me in providing screws with
Discrete Combs, as I wanted all reedplates to remain fully
interchangeable with no irreversible changes - a set of LO or MS
reedplates can be swapped back and forth between standard and MS combs
with absolutely no problems.

Winslow