[Harp-L] Critique wanted -- off list please

Those of you on Harp-l that have reasonable sound hooked to you
computer, I'd appreciate it if you'd give a listen to three songs I cut
harp tracks on for a friend of mine. It's acoustic blues.  I'd
appreciate off-list feedback.

A St. Louis musician friend of mine, Johnny Fox, asked me to play harp
on his latest CD.  He has a studio in his house and had all the other
tracks down when he called me over to cut the harp tracks.  I did one
take on all three of the songs.  I've sat in with him on many occasions
(including opening for Kenny Wayne Shepard -- woo hoo!), so I was
familiar with the material.  There is one song I would have done
differently, but Johnny was happy so I left well enough alone.

"South St. Louis Blues" and "Red Mud" were recorded with me playing
about 5 inches away from an SM58 running into the recording device
(computer).  On "Bad Luck Blues" I played through a bullet mic
(controlled magnetic cartridge) into a Crate VC20 (tube amp) and the
sound was picked up by an SM57 run to the computer.

I'd like feedback on the harp playing, the mix, and general comments
about the overall material including Johnny's vocals and 12 string
guitar work. BTW, Johnny plays harp in a neck rack while playing guitar
on "Way Back Home" on the CD.

Again, off-list please.  Here is the link:

http://www.johnnyfox.biz/pages/songs.html

Thanks in advance,

Howard