Re: [Harp-L] S.P.A.H. and an underappreciated player

I could not agree more...before I even WAS a harmonica player, I would trek into Milwaukee (about 20 miles from where I grew up) to hear "Short Stuff", Jim's group. He was and is hands down one terrific player! I know Paul Davies would heed the call but I'm not exactly sure who pulls the trigger now on entertainment. Tom, if it's you...I vote for Jim Liban as well...YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!!!! Jim, if you watch this list, hi from PT!

PT Gazell
pt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.myspace.com/ptgazell
www.ptgazell.com
http://www.sonicbids.com/PTGazell
www.cdbaby.com/all/gazell

Occasionally, though, I'll make an exception. I don't know how Joe
Filisko managed to coax harpist extraordinaire Jim Liban out of Cheeseland (
i.e. Wisconsin) for a harmonica workshop at the Old Town School of Folk
Music a couple of weeks ago, but I'm grateful he did. To the best of my
knowledge, Jim hasn't had a harmonica in his mouth in Chicago for well over
a decade. Furthermore, at the workshop Jim confirmed what I had suspected.
Despite nearly forty years of brilliant harp playing in public; he had never
before addressed a group of harmonica players about what he does on the
instrument. Apparently, no one had ever asked.