[Harp-L] Questions I Got Questions

Let me start by telling you where I'm at.  I've been
playing for about 7 months.  I can read music.  I
understand all the positions.  [Thanks to Mox Gowland]
 I play single note harmonies out of fake books, and
tabs, as well as tabs that I have created.  In fact, I
like to switch things around with the find and replace
function on Microsoft Word.  I have a pretty good
command of the theory needed to play the harmonica any
way I want to, including chords.

Problem is, I can't hear them.  They sound like dual
reed harmonicas to me.  I'm not an extemporanious kind
of guy who plays by ear anyhow.  Incidentally I have
the Seydel Octave in G and the Huang solo tuned
tremelos in C and C#.  I recommend them highly.  I
also have a number of other cheap chinese harps that
are exactly the same as some of the more expensive
models.  Under no cercumstances should you buy one of
these.

Is there some sort of system, such as playing the
channel next to the one you are aiming for in order to
get good chords?  That is to say, If I was reading C,
would I be playing chords well if I just hit two
channels at the same time including the channel with
the note I was reading?  Does somebody out there have
a system of adding chords into their music
systematically, rather than relying on their ear and
insticts.  [Which I can't do}

Dan