[Harp-L] My Friday Night.....

Last week I got a call from a buddy who has a 3 piece soul/rock/blues band.
No guitar just keys, drums & bass. He offered me $50.00 to sit in on the
first set of a gig he had on Friday night at some biker bar. Of course I
could use the dough so I said YES!  Well Friday afternoon I get a call from
a woman that I had met on the plane trip to SPAH in Denver. We had exchanged
cards and were going to stay in touch. She is a publicist for someone in
Hollywood most of us here on Harp-L are familiar with. This Hollywood person
was in town and they were looking for something to do. I told them about my
gig and they said "we're in"!  So me, Helen and Butch Patrick went to the
Iron Horse Ranch in Lindenhurst! The bar was pretty dead but the music was
great. I ended up doing the second set too. What the heck fifty bucks for a
few sets with free beer and Butch Patrick along for the ride. By the way,
Butch is the guy who played Eddie Munster on the Munsters!

This woman, Helen, is writing book about the '60's with Eddie Munster/Butch
as a main character. Kind of like a biography from what I can tell. It will
be released this winter. They are planning on a big release party in Time
Square with Howard Stern and a few other big names. There may be some live
music involved. If it comes together I will get the gig.  I guess I passed
the audition!

Warren Bee