[Harp-L] 19-limit Paddy

I'd first like to thank both Tim & G for their prompt replies to my
questions on fine tuning.

I must admit that there was an error in the original post, 2 Blow should
have read 3 Blow.

Tim's :

>You need to consider that the adjustments to pitches for intonation
purposes, although they are made according to their scale degree, and not
made *because* of their scale degree, they are made to create consonance
within the chords.  Consider what chords you are creating through this
tuning, and how you're using it, and that will suggest your course of
action. <

was extremely pertinent, therefore I have decided to 'Paddy' one G.M.
fine tuned for modal tunes in 4th position.

I have gone back and re-read
>Pat Missins' article on approaching Melody Maker(TM) tuning is relevant
since it has the same blow notes as Paddy Richter tuning:
http://www.patmissin.com/tunings/tun4.html

and it is.

Q. for G.
As fine tuning is physically new to me (I've been rough tuning for years)
I would be interested to know the source of these calculations.
So far, and strictly on paper, I have only come across the works of
Werckmeister & Hindermith, the applications of which leave me more than a
little confused.
Thanks once again,
Mox
(Also would it be better to continue this subject on Harpon)

http://titanicstringband.free.fr/
http://tinyurl.com/kg9ur
http://tinyurl.com/qqpcb

N'imprimez pas ce message si ce n'est pas indispensable