[Harp-L] Gear Lust III - The Speaker Cabinet

I recently posted about my new rack rig.  I had previously been
using a homemade "combo" amp that had three rack spaces at the top
(pramp, dig-fx, power amp) and 2x10 Weber P10Qs in the bottom.  When
I moved all the components to the rack, it left me needing a new
speaker cabinet.  After briefly considering building it myself (in
my copious spare time), I decided to try and find one I could buy.
I ran across a few very interesting things, but finally found
exactly what I was looking for on ebay.

It's a small (24x14x11) rabbet-jointed pine cabinet with poly-birch
baffle and back panels, unfinished, but pre-cut for 2 10" speakers.
It was built by a gentleman named John Griffiths who runs an
operation called Griffiths Sound Works.  I know nothing about John
Griffiths personally, only that he makes beautiful cabinets, very
affordable, and his service was outstanding.  I bought my cabinet on
ebay on Saturday, and it arrived, beautifully packed, via FedEx
ground, yesterday.  It is gorgeous, simple, well-made, perfect for
my needs.  Because it's unfinished, I can add my own feet and
handles and grill covers any way I want.  I can also wire in the
speakers to fit my own needs, which is important, since I run stereo
to the speakers.

I highly recommend Griffiths' work; you can see some examples on his
web page: http://www.rivercityrockets.com/GriffithsSoundWorks.html

I looked through some of his other completed ebay auctions and saw
some really interesting stuff, including cabinets that were more
finished (tolex, speaker cloth, handles), and some project cabinets
that included one built to hold a Champ chassis and a 10" speaker,
and a "Champ head" cabinet, built to hold just a Champ chassis.  Now
THERE'S an interesting idea: put the Champ chassis in a head
cabinet, and have separate speaker cabinets...

No affiliation, blah, blah, blha, just a satisfied customer.  I'll
post a picture when I have it finished.  In the mean time, I've got
lots of harps to build...

-tim