Re: [Harp-L] Rhythm Willie

Look in achives. I remember someone posting at length about rhythm Willie.
HB

-----Original Message-----
From: solo_danswer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Rhythm Willie

I've never known that the harp could have quite that effect on someone.
Remarkable.

John

Folks: Does anyone have any information about an obscure harp player in
Chicago called "Rhythm Willie"? I know his real name was "Willie Hood" and I
have a copulation on the German "Wolfe" Label with 5 tunes by Rhythm Willie
and His Gang. I swear he was doing John Poppa before John Poppa and he
attempts overblowing 40+ years before Howard Levy. He does not have the name
recognition as Sonny Boy I or II or Little Walter but he had undeniable
talent