[Harp-L] Re: Rhythm Willie

Thanks, Tom. After reading your email I did a little more digging on the Net I turned up more info at this record collector's site covering the Miracle and Premium labels. You have to go down quite a bit but there is a pic of Willie's "Wailin Willie" (c-jam blues) 78 which is the flip side of "I got rhythm" along with a little write- up about Willie that quotes Scott Dirk's article and has other info. But, unfortunately, I'm no closer to actually hearing this again. King records bought some of the Miracle masters, maybe the Premiums also, and so I'm guessing maybe Ace has this stuff now if anyone does. Many years ago Bob Koester (Delmark Records) told me he had acquired (or was about to acquire) some Rhythm Willie masters but I don't know what happened to those.
Anyway, I agree, I wish someone would put this stuff out so the rest of the harp world can see what the fuss is all about. His postwar output deserves to see the light of day again.