RE: [Harp-L] New Band

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of mark wilson
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 1:40 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] New Band

Mark, I did this for prox 7 years with what I feel was the best vocal band
around. We played the same type covers and for my benefit we threw in some
blues covers as well. I really got into the Steely Dan/Eagles/ stuff and
because of the type music we played I found myself playing keyboards,
mandolin, 12 string guitar etc. It opened up endless possibilities for the
harp. If the band you've been asked to play with is very good at this venue
then you will find how easy it is to blend, not to mention the new
licks/style you'll discover along this path.

Steve

I've been invited by a local guitar player to join his band.  Here's
a list of the stuff they're into,

Tom Petty, Who, Stones, Beatles, Beach Boys, Bryan Adams, Kinks,
Rascals, Neil Young, Lovin Spoonful, John Melloncamp
Jackson Brown, Gin Blossoms, Elvis Costello, etc....