[Harp-L] Re: Rod Stewart...Blues Harp player and Hoochie

Hi there,

Well, don't take Rod's harp playing from the early 60s all too seriously.
All the R&B mod bands and the mod-inspired band from those days
in the UK had their singers mess around a bit on a harmonica.
With all respect to Rod the mod, he was and still is a big hero on the mod
scene nowadays. Great voice. I've got several Steampacket records
amongst which some live stuff. No harmonica though. I am sure he
plays some harp now and actually learned to play some proper stuff
about 5 years later when hanging out with Ronnie Lane and the guys.
(other mods as it happens). They where into playing on anything that
made music no matter what it was.
Now on to another mod from those days who has definately touched
some harmonicas with The Lower Third, Davie Jones. Better
known as David Bowie........ lol...

Regards,
Jerome

Message: 11