[Harp-L] Best shows ever seen (heard?) long, some harp

1970 Ann Arbor Blues Festival. I was 19. Hitchhiked there and back by myself from Santa Monica CA (which took a week each way.) Three days and nights of blues.

Roosevelt Sykes, Bukka White, Mighty Joe Young, Jimmy Dawkins, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Hound Dog Taylor, Lazy Bill Lucas, Fred McDowell, Juke Boy Bonner, Luther Allison, Albert King, Robert Pete Williams, Johnny Shines, Big Walter Horton, Sunnyland Slim, Johnny Young, Dave Alexander, Big Joe Turner, Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson, Bobby "Blue" Bland, John Jackson, Papa Lightfoot, Little Brother Montgomery, Carey Bell, Buddy Guy, Otis Rush, Mance Lipscomb, Little Joe Blue, Lowell Fulson, Big Mama Thornton, Little Junior Parker and Son House.

(And nope, I didn't recall all those names from memory -- I still have the program. I hitchhiked home with it -- it's got Boone's Farm Apple Wine stains all over it. It's one of the two souvenirs I came home with... the other of which was easily cured with Penicillin.)

--TB <--feeling old :)