Re: [Harp-L] Need wireless recommendation

At 04:26 PM 10/24/2006, Vern Smith wrote:
Do you sing and play guitar at the same time?

OK, we'll put aside the notion of simultaneous guitar-harmonica or guitar-vocal transmission. If you use separate transmitters on the same channel, you must remember to turn off one transmitter before turning on the other. A better plan might be to use transmitters on different channels and switch back and forth between them at the receiver. The Sennheiser receiver can switch among four channels.

The Sennheiser "pocket" transmitter can also switch among four channels. I'm not sure about the wireless mic or the plug-on mic transmitter.

Since I'm talking about switching microphones here I don't think remembering to turn off one transmitter and turn on the other is a problem. Probably not as much of a headache as making sure the transmitter and receiver I want to use at any one time are on the same channel.

I'm not saying this is the best way to do it, just one way. And I only play harmonica through my amplifier chain. Sometimes I sing through the PA, but for that I'd use a separate mic, probably a wired one, since I'm not taking it off the stand.

-tim