[Harp-L] blues jr mods

I've got a stock blues jr and a new (non-vintage) green bullet.  I
just played through this combination for the first time (my first time
playing amplified), and was very happy with the sound.

Unfortunately, as I expected (based on lurking on this list for
years), I got lots of feedback when I tried to bring the master volume
up beyond 4.

I've seen the "harp commander", but that thing costs as much as my mic
and amp put together.  I'm a total hack, and would be embarassed to
set up a rig that expensive to showcase my lack of talent.

Will the tube swaps recommended in previous postings address feedback,
or just improve the sound?

Ken (Mojo Red) mentions that his amp tech installed an "h dust cap".
What's that mean?  Is it something I should have a professional do?
Is it worth it?

-- Mike