[Harp-L] Are we in a Golden Age

Ice man says it all. Before the internet we could all play fairly well and impress our local fans.
Now we're compared to the best on the planet instead of the best in our local ponds.
Fortunately, average folks that come to shows and buy CDs don't really care about our command of overblows as long as the band grooves and they have fun.

You have a point but then so do I. Look its not about standing around looking smart because you can play a complete chromatic scale on a diatonic or play the introduction to Rhapsody in Blue on a Chromatic (the clarinet piece), its about being better able to express yourself.
I remember in High School, if you could play "Room to Move" by John Mayall or "Born in Chicago" by Paul Butterfield, you were cool and in the groove.
I still love Walter Horton and Sonny Boy and I find intense delight in "Mister Down", "Hard Hearted Women" and "Southern Women" but wouldn't it be great if you could work "Autumn Leaves:", "How High the Mood" "All Blues", "Things ain't what they use to be" "Don't get around much anymore", A Night in Tunisia " in the mix and throw some Latin Grooves as well.?