Re: [Harp-L] In Remembrance

In July of last year, when I inquired about Doug's state of health, he
replied:

>> The prognosis suggest thats you should perhaps hurry up the
>> production of issue no 6  ...

Even as he knew that the end was all but certain, his sense of humor
had not flagged. (For those who may not get the reference, Issue No. 6
of HIP - the Harmonica Information Publication has been nine years in
production).

I feel very fortunate to have known Douglas as a friend, as a musical
performer, an all-round brilliant guy, a wit and a charmer, and someone
who took such delight in uniting the harmonica community and making
advances for the instrument.

Winslow