re: [Harp-L] t-blocking

My inane question for the month: when tongue blocking, does the single note play from the left of the tongue or the right? I know it probably sounds silly to many of you but having never done it(except for octaves ), i thought i should at least start on the right foot. Also, does anyone know if Sonny Terry used t-blocking or pucker? I'm kinda going in reverse i suppose but i am suddenly fascinated by all of his music.
Thanks,
Mike

I tongue block everything including bends. I always have used the right side for the single notes. There are times when you'll need to use the left side, but it's rare. I know George "harmonica" Smith uses octave trills in Sharp Harp, so you would in such cases use both sides fast. If you can do octaves then that isn't hard at all. Good luck. If you get tongue blocking down, you'll find a whole new world of techniques will open up to you.