RE: [Harp-L] Worlds Best Blues Harp Player _ Jason Ricci

Lot's of personal opinions flying around about this. Here's another one. I
think that the mere fact that harmonica, blues harp in particular, is  being
written about in the press is cause for celebration.  Sensationalism goes with
the territory and is inseparable from media  coverage no matter what the story.
The phrase in the first paragraph of  Brad Kava's MercuryNews article about
Jason Ricci that seems to stir controversy  on list is this: "the man many
consider to be the best blues harp player in  the world". Kava doesn't say that
Jason IS the best in the world, he  only issues the caveat that many consider
him to be so. I tip my  hat to Brad Kava for his ongoing coverage of harmonica
as a featured instrument  in modern music. Keep it up Brad.

t. albanese