To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 5:33 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] re: The Great Search for Amplified Tone

Thanks Matthew for the kind words about my Bottle 'O Blues mic. And I'm glad to hear you're finally getting the amplified tone you've been searching for. For a lot of harp players its a never-ending process. Amp, mic, more amps, more mics, it goes on forever, searching fot THAT tone :-) I'm not going to say that the Bottle 'O Blues is the solution for everyone, because it isn't. But I get a LOT of letters and e-mails from people like you that tell me that they've been searching for a long time and spending a lot of money, trying to get the tone they want - and the Bottle 'O Blues turns out to be what they're looking for.

 Jim McBride
 www.bottle-o-blues.com

Message: 8 Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 00:06:57 -0400 From: "Matt Smart" Subject: [Harp-L] The Great Search for Amplified Tone To: harp-l

 I just played a gig tonight and I got a ton of compliments from the other
musicians on my amplified tone.

I have spent the last two years looking for that nasty chicago amplified
sound. Trying different amps, techniques and now pondering spending $$$ on
custom bullet style microphones. All the while, I had everything I needed.
About 2 years ago, Jim Mcbride started taking lessons with me. He brought
over his little bottle of blues microphone and I encouraged him to patent
that thing! Sell it. I thought it was a great idea. BUT, I thought of it
more as a toy..a beginner microphone. Tonight, I have to give a hats off to
Jim. After 2 years of messing with different mics and amps. I did something
so simple. I turned the gain way up on my fender super, cranked the mike
volume 90 % tilt and HOLY COW! That sucker screamed! I could not believe it.

Matthew Smart
www.harpcase.com
www.atlantaharmonicalessons.com