RE: [Harp-L] "Pop" harp

"Who do you think of, when you think top forty, over the last forty or
fifty years?"

Well, maybe the harp player with the most top 40 hits in 40-50 years is
john lennon but that's no good because he's not known so much for harp
(I assume you're wanting names the reader will recognize). So maybe more
Springsteen, although he's more known for harp it's also more of a
side-line for him too. J. Geils with Magic Dick had a bunch of hits on
the pop charts, with MD playing harp on all, but none really prominent
except Whammer Jammer but at least you can say "J. Geils band with Magic
Dick wailing" or something. I would really maybe use them for rock and
Popper for pop music, I think that fits better, Blues Traveler to me is
more pop than rock.

This is all just my opinion (the new standard harp-l disclaimer!)

Bill Hines