Re: [Harp-L] Mickey Raphel's set up

If you want to know anything about any harmonica performer in the South, my brother, Jerl will know them personally.  Jerl is known all over the Dallas area in both Opry Houses as well as churches.  He has a reputation as honest and caring about his community as well as family. He is called upon on many occasions to perform with many bands for different  kinds of venues.  He plays jazz, country, gospel and blues.   His HOOT organization in Texas has done much to promote the harmonica in our state.  He has spent many hours for years providing his community with more knowledge about the harmonica than any other person I know.
  He loves the instrument and his wife Anne shares that love.
  Jerl is not a full time musician.  He and his wife own a long time established jewelry store in Dallas.  But,  harmonica is his passion.
  As you can tell, I am proud of my brother.
  His twin brother is Berl, and he also plays harmonica. He is equally talented.   I am encouraging them to create a CD called "Double Trouble".  That would be a great thing.   Of course, I am big sis......and who listens to her ???

dfwhoot <dfwhoot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Mickey usually goes through the house mix using a SM58 on a mic stand, but always likes to try other set ups on stage. He's been playing through a blk face Fender deluxe using various mic's. He and I met at Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth and he wanted me to listen to a new mic he was trying out. Don't remember what the mic was but Mickey's sound is through the house.

Jerl Welch