[Harp-L] Re: "Pop" harp

There probably aren't any musicians that made the top forty who are
known specifically for harp playing except Little Walter and Buster
Brown. Both of them would classify under blues, though. So if you want
the most well known pop musician who played diatonic on top forty hits,
your choice is John Lennon.

Harri

diatonic, in a poetry contest.  in the last stanza, I mention Levy for
jazz, McCoy for country, POWER for Celtic, Popper for rock,  and started
to use Stevie wonder for "Pop or top forty music.  then i realized he
was chromatic.
>  so here's the question.  Who do you lthink of, when you think top
forty, over the last forty or fifty years?  I have Little Walter for
Chicago blues.  I thought about Dylan and sebastian, but they overlap
into folk, as well.  Thanks for your thoughts.

bullfrog