Re: [Harp-L] The overblow wars and the articulation of the overblow

Consonants I use to begin a tone are "T", "D", "K" and "Guh". I call these "Closed attack", based on how Jerry Portnoy developed his understanding of tone and attack.

I don't go for a characteristic "bluesharp" sound unless I'm playing blues and wanting that sound. I use a diatonic harmonica sound, somewhat unique to me (or so I've been told), probably closer to Lee Oskar (and Miles Davis as an influence) than anything else.

The Iceman

ps - confusion based on the order of these postings can be explained by the fact that my postings go through the censorship fjm filter before being allowed on the "L", somewhat delaying the original post.