Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica case theft deterent

I remember reading on this list, a couple years ago, that Walmart sold a rifle ammo belt that worked. apparently you take out the stitching between holes and it holds a harp. Might work.

Bullfrog
----- Original Message ----- From: <billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Nancy Oeswein" <auburnmoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica case theft deterent

John Popper and some others have worn these (both belt and 'bandolier' style), and you can buy them from various places. Not a bad idea for keeping all the harps "on your person". Not sure I'd wear one into the john though, I'd ending up with harps sitting on urinal cakes or in the drink ;^) plus i'm too neurotic/germ-phobic/squeamish to put them into my mouth after they've been in that "environment"...

Bill Hines

From: "Nancy Oeswein" <auburnmoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
For those of you who may have seen the kid live, LD Miller has a very
cool "ammo belt" his dad made him when he was about 7.  He used to wear
it slung on one shoulder like an ammo belt but now it fits as a regular
belt on stage so all his harmonicas are at his fingertips.  His dad
stitched the whole thing in leather with harmonica compartments all the
way around it.  Granted, because of the boys' ages, his family band has
typically avoided bar gigs and done colleges, festivals and theatres
where theft is less of an issue.  He doesn't always keep all of them on
him, and has a back up brief case that doesn't always come in to the
venue, but it's not so bulky that he can't walk around a venue with it
on during intermissions or signing things post show.  I'm surprised
someone doesn't make something like it for retail...maybe they do.  I've
never once seen him meet another harmonica player that they didn't ask
about it.
 Nancy