Re: [Harp-L] my favorite jason ricci quote

Yes, as a 35 year old white dude with a Master's degree and who drives a
2000 Saturn....I'm painfully aware of my lack of visible blues street cred.
However, I've always shied away from what I call the "sho-nuff" factor. I'm
not wearing sunglasses and a pork pie hat. As a duo, we often play lots of
early evening gigs. I regularly come straight from my day job of teaching to
the gig - and I don't have a costume to change in to. When I dress for a
gig, I err on the "dressing up" side of things. I'm not George Thoroughgood,
I'm not Sonny Boy, and I'd feel foolish for pretending.

Yes, I know the importance of selling an image - especially for
entertainment value.  I just don't feel right being something I'm not.

Then again, I don't do this for a living....and a good thing too.....

- Blake